Why do you collect information about me?
We are always looking for bright minds and, if you are one, we encourage you to contact us and join our awesome team. When you apply to open positions at Tesonet, your publically available professional background is suitable for us or someone you know refers you to us, we process your personal data for recruitment purposes, to assess your application and your suitability to enter into an employment contract and suggest a job offer for you.
What information do you collect?
We collect, use, and store the information which is necessary for the recruitment purposes as described above:
- Name and surname
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Languages proficiency
- Additional training
- Attachments to your CV
- Cover letter
- Employment history
- Current workplace
- Non-disclosure agreement
- LinkedIn URL
- GitHub URL
- Personal website URL
- Tasks performed by you
- Interview notes about you
- Desired salary
- Other information submitted by you
When applying please do not include information on your personal identification numbers in the submitted documents and consider whether there is any other sensitive personal information, such as health information, information on family relations, or similar, that is not necessary for the recruitment process.
For Marketing (Events). If you use our Contact Form or send us an email with a general inquiry, we will process the name and email address you have provided. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest to get in touch with you.
Why are you legally allowed to collect my information?
We collect information lawfully about you because:
- We have the intention to enter into a contract with you (Art. 6 (1) (b) of GDPR) – when you apply for a particular job position and we assess your suitability for the role;
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data (Art. 6 (1) (a) of GDPR) – when you permit Tesonet to contact you about future job opportunities;
- We have a legitimate interest to gather and process your personal data from legitimate sources (Art. 6(1) (f) of GDPR) – when we find your publically available professional background suitable for us or someone you know refers you to us;
- We never ask for special categories of data (e.g. health data) as mandatory during the recruitment process. If you nevertheless and against our will provide us with such data, the legal basis for processing is your consent (Art. 9 (2) (a) of GDPR).
Which information do I have to provide and why?
You have to provide us with the information which we need to assess your application and your suitability to enter into an employment contract and suggest a job offer for you. You are not legally obliged to provide us with your personal information under the statutory requirement. However, in case you do not provide us with this information, we will not be able to assess your application and your suitability to enter into an employment contract and suggest a job offer for you.
Where do you get my information from?
Generally, we collect the information directly from you. However, some of the information we obtain from the following parties:
- Tesonet group companies;
- Our employees (referrals);
- Job portals cvbankas.lt (UAB Diginet LTU) and cvonline.lt (UAB CV-Online LT);
- Coding schools such as Vilnius Coding School (UAB Programavimo mokykla) and Code Academy (UAB Programuok);
- LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, LinkedIn Corporation, and other business-related social media sources and/or collaboration platforms. If we collect any information from your social media profiles, we make sure that it is relevant to the job position at our company. We base the collection of data from social media profiles on our legitimate interest to assess specific qualities for specific job functions.
We may also collect personal data related to your professional life from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers, colleagues, or someone you know.
Do you share my information with other entities?
We share the information about you with the following entities only where necessary and permitted by applicable laws and only for the recruitment purposes as described above:
- During the recruitment process, if we notice that you may be perfect for other open job positions, your personal data can be shared with Tesonet or other group companies;
- Job portals cvbankas.lt (UAB Diginet LTU) and cvonline.lt (UAB CV-Online LT) (Lithuania) (job portal administrators);
- LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company (Ireland), LinkedIn Corporation (USA) (service provider providing social media account to the Company);
- Lever Inc. (USA) (applicant tracking software provider);
- Google Ireland Ltd., Google LLC (USA) (service provider providing cloud computing services);
- Podio Inc. (USA) (project management software provider).
We use various service providers for the processing of your personal data, such as email service providers, web hosting service providers, other information technology infrastructure service providers, and others. They might have access to your personal data, but only to the extent necessary for us to receive their services. In any case, we make sure they protect personal data according to applicable legal requirements.
Do you disclose information about me outside the European Economic Area?
If any of our service providers are based outside of the European Economic Area (e. g., in the US), we make sure that they process personal data according to European privacy standards entering into agreements with us with standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission.
In most cases, personal data are processed and transferred in the territory of the European Union and the European Economic Area, but when necessary, the data may be transferred and processed beyond those territories when the adequate level of protection of your personal data is maintained. When this is permitted by law and is required for the reason given in Section 2 above, we disclose information about you to:
- LinkedIn Corporation (USA) (data are protected in accordance with Model Contractual Clauses);
- Lever Inc. (USA) (data are protected in accordance with Model Contractual Clauses);
- Google LLC (USA) (data are protected in accordance with Model Contractual Clauses);
- Podio Inc. (USA) (data are protected in accordance with Model Contractual Clauses).
You may download a copy of the Model Contractual Clauses at: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/model-contracts-transfer-personal-data-third-countries_en.
How long do you use or keep information about me?
When you apply for a particular job position, we, in general, will store your personal data until the end of the recruitment for a particular position. If you become an employee, we will save your application information within the employee file.
When you permit Tesonet to contact you about future job opportunities we will store your personal data for 3 (three) years.
What privacy-related rights do I have?
GDPR and other laws provide you with certain rights, procedures for implementation of and exceptions to these rights. When allowed by law, you have the following privacy-related rights that you can implement by contacting us at [email protected]:
- to request a confirmation that Tesonet is processing personal data related to you;
- to get familiar with your personal data and how it is processed;
- to demand to correct inaccurate data;
- to request us to delete the information we have about you if we use it illegally or there are other legal grounds for deletion;
- to request us to restrict the processing of your information – if you dispute the accuracy of the data or object to the processing of the data, if you do not accept that your data would be deleted which was illegally processed, or if you need the data to claim, execute or defend legal claims;
- to demand to transfer your personal data to another data controller or provide it directly to you in a convenient form (applicable to that personal data that you submitted and that is processed on the basis of the agreement or consent);
- to object to the processing of your personal data if it is processed on the basis of a legitimate interest;
- in cases where your personal data is processed on a consent basis, you have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data.
If you believe that your data is processed unlawfully, you have a right to contact a relevant data protection authority (State Data Protection Inspectorate in Lithuania or other authority in the Member State of your habitual residence or place of an alleged infringement of the GDPR and seek a judicial remedy). We would appreciate it if, in such cases, you would contact us first to resolve the problem together.
1 Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).